Is A Retinoid Medication Cream For Acne Good For Wrinkles?
One example of a retinoid medication cream is Tretinoin Cream. Tretinoin Cream is a prescription drug used in the treatment of skin conditions, such as acne. Acne sufferers who don’t respond well to other medications are said to find relief in Tretinoin Cream. A more potent form of Vitamin A, Tretinoin is also being used as an anti-aging agent. But is it really effective in preventing or treating wrinkles?
Tretinoin: The Benefits To The Skin
Here are a few facts about Tretinoin that can perhaps lead to a better understanding of its role in anti-aging:
Tretinoin is a form of Vitamin A that is more potent than Retinol. Over-the-counter anti-aging creams contain Retinol, a cheaper and less potent form of Vitamin A but which many already regard as very effective in diminishing wrinkles. And here comes Tretinoin that is more potent than Retinol. Can you just imagine what it can do to your wrinkles? careprost
Being a type of Vitamin A, Tretinoin has antioxidant properties as well. This means to say that Tretinoin offers protection against free radical damage that speeds up the aging process.
Tretinoin increases the production of new skin cells and unclogs pores to give way to clearer and smoother skin.
Tretinoin lightens the skin, which helps to resolve skin aging issues like age spots and skin discoloration.
Tretinoin: The Side Effects
Watch out for side effects, though, especially if you have sensitive skin. Some people have reported the following after using Tretinoin creams or creams with Tretinoin component:
· Dry skin
· Scaling or flaking
· Burning sensation
· Thinning of the skin
In many cases, these signs and symptoms are only temporary and they usually go away when your skin becomes adapted to Tretinoin already. To deal with these issues, use a moisturizer along with the cream and don’t forget to apply generous amounts of sunscreen.
Tretinoin: Special Precautions
Pregnant and lactating moms are advised against using Tretinoin creams. Those who have severe reactions to Tretinoin must also avoid using products containing this ingredient. Even for individuals who tolerate the ingredient well, using Tretinoin must come with these specific instructions:
· Introduce Tretinoin to the skin gradually. This will help lessen the side effects.
· Don’t apply Tretinoin more frequently than what is prescribed as doing so can do more damage to your skin.
· Unless otherwise advised by your doctor (for one reason or another), continued use of Tretinoin is recommended for best results. Tretinoin is not a miracle ingredient that works overnight. Visible results are expected after two months or three months.
Other Important Ingredients in Anti-Wrinkle Creams
Tretinoin Cream might be a good treatment option for wrinkles, but Tretinoin is not the only ingredient that makes wrinkles go away. If you are looking for something that you can buy over-the-counter, here are some basic ingredients to look for:
· Cynergy TK. Cynergy TK is the functional type of keratin that boosts production of elastin that forms part of the skin.
· Hyaluronic Acid. Hyaluronic Acid serves as a humectant that traps moisture and helps to plump the skin to make the fine lines and wrinkles less visible.
· Antioxidants. Antioxidants fight skin damage brought about by free radicals. Green Tea and Acai Berry are two of the most effective antioxidants that are organic in nature.
· Vitamins. Well, your skin needs nourishment, right? Anti-wrinkle creams formulated with Vitamins C, E, and A should take care of that.
· Aloe Vera. If you want something that will soothe and moisturize your skin at the same time, this is the ingredient to look for.